Patience

I'm just me and thats how it should be!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Previously Said

I was on the 35W bridge on August 1st, around 12pm. I was with one of the kids I take care of. Going south I simply felt funny about all the construction that was going on. The workers seemed reckless with where they stood, and where they were driving their machinary. It was just an odd feeling that I let pass.

On our way north, towards home I said to G, "Ya know, this bridge just doesn't feel safe. I don't know how I feel about that giant crack down the middle of these lanes."

The giant crack was put there by machinary purposefully. But it still didn't feel right.

6 hours later my mother and I were shopping at a small center probably about a mile north of the bridge. We both saw the giant cloud of smoke. I assumed it was a car accident. We then were informed by someone standing outside that the bridge had collapsed.

Shock. Fear. Anger. Sadness. Deep Sadness.

I had been there. I had felt it inside myself. My mom has always told me to trust my intuition. And I have always trusted me gut. I think I've got a pretty good sense about things. I had previously said to G, that the bridge didn't seem right.

I am deeply sorry to all those involved, injuried, emotionally scared, or lost. I can not fathom what you are going through. But my hopes are that at some point in the future you will be able to find something good from the situation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully you were not there at the time it fell. Love you Dad

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home