Patience

I'm just me and thats how it should be!

Friday, August 07, 2009

A letter to a lost friend

There was a day when I think I knew things were going to change. I don't remember what day that was, or what I wore, who I was with or what I was doing. But the feeling that a major change was going to happen hasn't left me since. That feeling has dug its way into every part of me and resides in me until I finally step out of denial and accept it. There was a day when I accepted it. That day I remember.

You say I changed, I say you changed. Reality is, we both changed. Here's the fun part, who changed for the better? And who didn't?

I've got a list of the people I held so dear in my life that are gone now. They didn't go anywhere, they just changed. They are not who they once were and now I don't know anything about them. The list just grew by one.

Life is an ever tangling, ever changing, all inclusive adventure. All inclusive meaning not just the great joys of life, but the sad parts, the hard times, the devestating losses. I think being on two seperate adventures is a good plan for now.

Sorry dear friend that we can't see eye to eye, and we aren't on the same page. I'm not sorry that either of us will back down from what we believe in or want out of life. My adventure isn't guided by your desires, and I hope your adventure isn't guided by mine.

Each day is a new promise of hope. Live it to the fullest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Pop's said...

A very wise woman you and I know used to say "Always Remember friends come & go, Your Family is Forever" Even in family disagreements you never lose your family. Thats even true with your extended family. You are Loved, no matter what. The friend that stays closer than a brother will never leave or forsake you. Remember You are Loved.

Your Pop's

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I to have lost good friends because of change.
They come and they go in our life's Everybody has a story. This is just part of your chapter.
And as that WISE women said friends come and go, But your Family is forever..I'm here if you would like to talk,fill me in on what happened??
I Love You.
Aunt Laurie

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home