Patience

I'm just me and thats how it should be!

Monday, February 25, 2008

The Proposal!!!

Joe told me that he wanted to take me out on Sunday and that he would pick me up at 2pm.

He arrived with a marvelous bouquet of flowers.



(I told him that I don't like roses as a gift. He listened!)

We started on our journey down to uptown where we re-lived our first date. The reasoning behind that is because I brought up my wedding book on our first date and we talked about the topic of marriage. (Not necessarily to each other.)

So we went to Zeno Cafe in Uptown and we started to walk to Lake Calhoun. He was looking out at the people on the lake and asked me, "what are they doing?"
"They're walking on the lake Joe."
"That's weird!" -Joe
"You've never walked on a frozen lake before?!"
"I've lived in MN my whole life and never done that."

So... I dragged him out onto the ice. And I made him stand on a clear spot with me and look at all the cracks (from expansion). He kissed me and all of sudden went down on bended knee. Opened the ring box and proposed!




I said, "Of course!"

6 Comments:

Blogger simplicity said...

I THINK I NEED MORE PICTURES my dear! Email me some of you and Joe and some close ups of the ring please! :)

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations

I wish nothing but happiness for both of you.

What an exciting time in life for you.

;-)
Linda F

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You mother would be so proud and happy! You look so much like her and you'll be a beautiful bride! Sincerely, Trish Hogan

1:08 PM  
Blogger charish said...

Yeah, I am so happy for you. I hope it is everything you have dreamed of.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrat's To you and Joe.. I'm happy for the both of you.

The ring is beautiful...

If there is anything I can do to help let me know..

Love you
Auntie Laurie

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats A take time to enjoy the engagement. time will fly by.dont forget to involve joe in the planning.i love you aunt janet

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home